For almost 15 years I have been building and leading agile engineering teams and coaching engineers in their personal growth and development. I strongly believe in servant leadership and the value of a healthy work environment and culture. With my strong technical background as a software developer, I am able to credibly lead, coach and motivate teams and engineers as a role model in both words and actions. During my time as a leader and manager I have always kept on programming and being involved in the software development process. This is important to me.
I am currently serving as Engineering Manager at Unifaun in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Areas of expertise
- Situational, modern and agile servant leadership in engineering environments and organizations.
- Active, clear, confident and explicit coaching that promotes individual development through positive and constructive feedback.
- Passionate and personal leadership characterized by energy, trust, competence and pride.
- Recruitment and staffing of highly competent engineering teams.
- Inspiring, diverse and inclusive engineering environments where perspectives are valued, ideas welcome and where goals are reached and celebrated together.
- The ability to adapt and switch context between a strategic, tactical and operational mindset.
- Implementing and improving agile mindsets and DevOps practices.
- The constant strive for improvement in a learning culture with a collaborative attitude.
Key drivers and motivation
I get my energy from managing and evolving highly functioning engineering- and software development teams. I find it very stimulating to be confronted with situations where the outcome is not clear. To learn is to live and I truly enjoy sharing knowledge and the process of learning together with others. After 27 years in the IT industry, I still love every day I get to work with brilliant people on challenging projects.
- Engineering Manager, Unifaun AB, 2020 - Current
- IT Manager, Hemtex AB, 2018 - 2020
- IT Manager, Eton AB, 2015 - 2018
- Manager/dept. IT Manager, DB Schenker AB, 2012 - 2014
- CTO/Software developer, SciPark AB, 2007 - 2012
- Mentor, LBS AB, 2006 - 2007
- Software developer, Retriever AB/AS, 1999 - 2006
- Computer game developer, AMG AB/TV4, 1998 - 1999
- Software developer, Ulricehamns Kommun, 1997 - 1998
- Software developer, Consultant, 1994 - 1997
- C, C++, GCC, MinGW, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Razor, Blazor, Swagger, Entity Framework
- Java, Scala, Kotlin, Groovy, Maven, Gradle, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Tomcat, Wildfly, JBoss
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Microsoft SQL Server, Firebase
- Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes
- GNU/Linux, UNIX, *BSD, macOS, Microsoft Windows, Git, Bash, zsh, pdksh, PowerShell
I am 42 years old. I speak Swedish (native), English (fluent) and Norwegian (professional). I live in Borås with my wife, two children and a dog. My greatest passions in life is leadership and programming. I have been part of the demoscene since the late 80’s and I like to contribute to free and open source software.
I endorse the following organizations.